nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast transit problems?

From: "rwebb () ropeguru com" <rwebb () ropeguru com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 13:03:28 -0400

Looks like they are having issues other than Atlanta.

http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 09:06:35 -0500
 Blair Trosper <blair.trosper () gmail com> wrote:
I'm being inundated with reports from Comcast customers in various markets about their inability to reach anything on AWS. For example, we have a few
people in Atlanta that are all having this issue.

What's more, they're having weird issues reaching things like Twitter or
RingCentral (while other sites like Google and CNN work fine).

(RingCentral's support department apparently knows about this and is
telling their customers that use Comcast that they're aware of the issue
but don't know what's going on at the present time.)

Calls to the Comcast customer support just yield the "everything's fine,
you're crazy" response from the staff.

Can anyone from Comcast give me some help (or information) off list?

-bt