nanog mailing list archives

Re: Prefix hijack by AS4761 (was Re: BGPMON Alert Questions)

From: Bob Snyder <rsnyder () toontown erial nj us>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 16:11:54 -0400

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM, joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com> wrote:

yeah you're seeing the impact of a pretty broad prefix injection

indosat's upstream filters seem to be working for the most part.

Based on the image they tweeted, I don't think they are doing much
filtering; the Syrian prefix was spread to a number of countries and AS. If
you have good US connectivity the impact seems limited due to better AS
Paths winning, but for less well connected prefixes I'm assuming it's more
up in the air.

Bob