nanog mailing list archives

Re: Calculator written in route-map

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 17:23:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014, Job Snijders wrote:

Do you often find yourself in need of a simple calculator, and all you have available to you is a Brocade or Cisco IOS router? No longer will you experience the horror and dread of mental arithmetics. The route-map calculator is here!

Is this meant as a proof that we need better operators for doing stuff based on contents of bgp communities? Because I concur that this is needed!

Making it understand that "65000:65003" 65000:6500x" means take X and prepend your own ASn X times, and not have to do this explicitly.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se