nanog mailing list archives

Re: The US government has betrayed the Internet. We need to take it back

From: Sam Moats <sam () circlenet us>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 06:18:27 -0400

I believe you are correct, whatever technical hurdles we put in place will be overcome by policy. As long as you can legally require me to make my network intercept able for "lawful" purposes and are able to prevent me from explaining these purposes to my users any security that I would put in place is effectively neutered.

I give up trying to resist, I am now firmly in the tin foil hat club.

Sam