nanog mailing list archives

Re: The block message is 521 DNSRBL: Blocked for abuse

From: Tammy Firefly <tammy-lists () wiztech biz>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:14:12 -0600

On 9/18/13 6:10 PM, David Miller wrote:

On 9/18/2013 7:30 PM, Andrew D Kirch wrote:
On 9/18/2013 7:15 PM, Tammy Firefly wrote:
On 9/18/13 5:07 PM, Andrew D Kirch wrote:
On 9/18/2013 6:55 PM, Tammy Firefly wrote:
I used to run the AHBL and ARIN used to contact us when
they recycled IP space.  We always removed when contacted
by ARIN.

Andrew

ARIN hasnt contacted us for this since i've been involved
with the ahbl for ~5 years. just a FYI.
Well, it'd seem we found the problem then.

Andrew

Ive know ARIN is a problem for a lotta years andrew :P  When
we contacted them and asked them to do it again we got told its
against policies blablablabla.

(replying to list with Tammy's permission) This is pathetic.
ARIN is supposed to be working as a steward of this IP space.
When you have policies that make it more difficult to use the IP
space this isn't even remotely close to stewardship. It's
pathetic, with the policy making a quick turn around of releasing
old IP space when you get an allocation, that ARIN is leaving
innocent third parties who have paid ARIN large sums of money for
this space. ARIN, frankly you can suck it.  It's time to grow up
and behave how you were intended to.

Andrew

If only there was a way for anyone to get a daily report of number
resource allocations...

https://lmddgtfy.net/?q=daily%20internet%20number%20resource%20allocation%20report

 First link.

-DMM

Yeah were not gonna wade thru PDF hell to do that.