nanog mailing list archives

Re: nanog.org website - restored

From: jamie rishaw <j () arpa com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 23:36:07 -0500

Translated:

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Andrew Koch <ak47 () gawul net> wrote:

We believe the server is now at a stable point and all functions of the

"We hope that the"

NANOG website and mailing list are restored.

For those interested, we would like to share some details of this event.
It was noticed a couple weeks ago that a lack of memory conditon[sic] was
present on the NANOG servers in Chicago.  Temporary measures were taken
to clear processes and restart the server, but this only temporarialy
restored the server.

"Server swapped itself to death. We power cycled that bad boy"

Working with onsite personel[sic] to upgrade the server with additional
memory failed during the first announced maintenance.  Compatible memory
was located and tested leading to the second maintenance when it was
successfully installed.

"Added more ramz but only after remote hands wikipedia'd the right ram for
our vps"

At this time we have increased the memory on the server and are at a
stable point.

"Seems to work now we think"

NANOG is making plans to move the NANOG web and mail services off this
platform to an environment that is more capable.  We will inform the
community of any maintenance plans as we move forward.

"$1/mo hosting aint cutting it anymore; NANOG fees now +$99/attendee/event"

Thank you for your understanding.

"closing ticket"

Andrew Koch
on behalf of the NANOG Communications Committee

"Got the short straw"

What happened to MERIT, A2 and the big tens rocking the mic fantastic?

--
"sharp, dry wit and brash in his dealings with contestants." - Forbes
If voting didn't matter, the GOP wouldn't make it more difficult than