nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best band for your buck router and switch (gigabit)

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 08:27:34 +0530

For that sort of use case one of the new SDN offerings might work for you?

If not, mikrotik has any roll your own based on gentoo router beat

--srs

On Saturday, November 16, 2013, Nick Cameo wrote:

Thank you so much for your response. The 6500 is what I was trained on
however, for this case we cannot afford the rackspace. We're building
highly efficient networks using mainly virtual machines and
fiberchannel backbone. I did however overlook the 1Gig limit of the
38/3900s....

So basically build our own linux router using a stripped down version of
gentoo?

--
--srs (iPad)