nanog mailing list archives

Re: Data Center Installations

From: Adrian <choprboy () dakotacom net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 13:16:53 -0700

On Wednesday 01 May 2013 12:23, Warren Bailey wrote:
Do any of you have a "go to" resource for materials used in installations?
Tie wraps, cable management, blahblahblah?

I have found several places, but I'm curious to know what the nanog ninja's
have to say.

Would largely depend on your definition of "datacenter" (customer or operator)
and what your corporate policies are. Speaking as the small ISP datacenter
maintainer:

Tie wraps, misc hardware - HomeDepot/Lowes
Patch cords/bulk cable - Monoprice
Patch panels/punchdown/custom fiber - Gruber
Electrical (equip)/fiber/wall enclosures - Graybar/Tesco
Electrical (power) - Local electrical shops/Home depot

Adrian