nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open Resolver Problems

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:34:31 -0400

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net> wrote:
On 3/27/2013 8:47 AM, William Herrin wrote:
Right now that's a complaint for the mainstream software authors, not
for the system operators. When the version of Bind in Debian Stable
implements this feature, I'll surely turn it on.

Tracking the clients would be a huge dataset and be especially complicated
in clusters. They'd be better off at detecting actual attack vectors rather
than rate limiting.

I count this among the several reasons I intend to wait until a
solution has been accepted into the bind mainline.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004