nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open Resolver Problems

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:36:48 -0400

On Mar 25, 2013, at 12:35 PM, Alain Hebert <ahebert () pubnix net> wrote:

   Well,

   Why would you only go after them?

   Easier target to mitigate the problem?

   That might be just me, but I find those peers allowing their
customers to spoof source IP addresses more at fault.

   PS: Some form of adaptive rate limitation works for it btw =D

Folks should be deploying unicast-rpf facing their statically routed infrastructure.  This includes server lans, PPPoE
Pools, etc.  Place the filtering at the edge where feasible.  This would also include things like your firewall and
other devices that shouldn't leak/emit spoofed packets.

If you don't know how to do this, or check on it, please ask around, either here or on cisco-nsp or juniper-nap for
your platforms.

- Jared