nanog mailing list archives

Re: using ARIN IP space outside of ARIN region

From: David Conrad <drc () virtualized org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:13:36 -0700

On Mar 18, 2013, at 9:41 PM, Matt Palmer <mpalmer () hezmatt org> wrote:
Which is ironic, because when we recently applied to ARIN for number
resources to support our US operations, we were told to use our APNIC space
instead.

That's just the RIRs protecting you from yourself -- after all, everyone knows IP addresses (both v4 and v6) only makes
sense if they are defined within geo-political monopolies. Sort of like RFC 3514 except with regions instead of moral
states.

(obligatory :) for the sarcasm impaired)

Regards,
-drc