nanog mailing list archives

Re: internet in the box

From: bross () pobox com
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:35:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013, Masataka Ohta wrote:

Brandon Ross wrote:

Or find a wireless ISP in the area to backhaul you some bandwidth for a
week.

Do you think the convention center that wants $50/person/week will just
give away the roof rights for free?

There is a legal issue of who owns the right to control radio
bandwidth usage in the convention center.

I know nothing of the legalities outside of the US, however I never said anything about the convention center restricting irghts to use RF, I said they won't let you on the roof without paying a lot of money. I strongly suspect that is true of all convention centers everywhere.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442