nanog mailing list archives

Re: Canadian Hosting Providers - how do you handle copyright and trademark complaints

From: Roy <r.engehausen () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 22:30:14 -0700

On 6/5/2013 4:40 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
On 6/5/13, Sameer Khosla <skhosla () neutraldata com> wrote:
My personal favorite is the number of notices that we receive as DMCA
takedown notices, citing the specific laws.

I'm not sure US copyright laws even apply to us here in Canada?
What countries have no internet laws?

N.

US laws apply where ever the US says they apply.

The question is how enforceable the US law is your country. There is probably a Hollywood lobbyist who is insisting on drone strikes on servers that offend the DMCA :-)