nanog mailing list archives

Re: Need help in flushing DNS

From: Andrew Sullivan <asullivan () dyn com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:04:14 -0400

I am not speaking officially, but the evidence so far is that this was not
DNS poisoning, but domain name hijacking.  My colleagues will have more to
say later today.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM, John Levine <johnl () iecc com> wrote:

Reaching out to DNS operators around the globe. Linkedin.com has had some
issues with DNS
and would like DNS operators to flush their DNS. If you see
www.linkedin.com resolving NS to
ns1617.ztomy.com or ns2617.ztomy.com then please flush your DNS.

Any other info please reach out to me off-list.

While you're at it, www.usps.com, www.fidelity.com, and other well
known sites have had DNS poisoning problems.  When I restarted my
cache, they look OK.