nanog mailing list archives

Re: chargen is the new DDoS tool?

From: Nick B <nick () pelagiris org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:24:59 -0400

I thought the modern measure was hours and dollars wasted... Err I mean
spent.
Nick
On Jun 12, 2013 5:21 AM, "Joel M Snyder" <Joel.Snyder () opus1 com> wrote:

Do you have any actual evidence that a .edu of (say) 2K employees
is statistically *measurably* less secure than a .com of 2K employees?

We're sorta lookin' at one now.

But seriously, how do you measure one's security?

In ounces, unless it's a European university, in which case you use
liters.  Older systems of measuring security involving mass (pounds and
kilos) have been deprecated, and you should not be using them anymore in
serious evaluations, although some older CSOs will insist.

jms

--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494