nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN WHOIS for leads

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 21:13:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, Larry Stites wrote:

NANOG : network operators are precisely those who directly assisted in creating the 'magic lamp' and the cork which held the marketing Jeanie inside. The same operators who took the cork out and rubbed the 'magic lamp'... The Jeanie is now out of the bottle and you all are complaining about it, all the while creating new magic, more lamps and more Jeanie's... Go figure. NANOG complaining about being harassed by the marketing technologies it has created...

We're also the people at the controls, and the people holding the wire cutters (physical and virtual), so we're not a good demographic to piss off.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route