nanog mailing list archives

Re: OOB core router connectivity wish list

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:43:04 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Herrin" <bill () herrin us>

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com> wrote:
Oh, I dunno, Bill. Sure there are lots more RSUs than there used to be,
but at least it's not all *that* hard to tell if you're connected to one.

Much easier than, say, finding out if both sides of your loop have
been groomed into the same cable.

In the same sense that the number of real numbers is a larger infinity
than the number of integers. Best of luck with either mission.

You are suggesting that it is *at all* difficult for a technically competent
end-user to determine whether a given new POTS line will go to a CO or to an RSU?

Really?

Do we work in *that different* corners of the world?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com