nanog mailing list archives

RE: AT&T Uverse/DSL Network Engineer DNS question

From: Tim Haak <thaitim43 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:39:00 -0500

Thanks for checking guys. I checked RIR registration and they have those 2 IPs registered in
Texas. I have read that AT&T uses anycast for name resolution for
Uverse/DSL customers. I can only check from my account in Florida and
the DNS query responses so far resolve as if I were in the Central
United States because the recursive resolvers are registered in Texas, I
 as far as I can tell.

I just need to know if these are the only DNS server IPs they hand out to their Uverse/DSL customers.

Thanks,
Tim Haak