nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T UVERSE Native IPv6, a HOWTO

From: Rob Seastrom <rs () seastrom com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 06:39:04 -0500

Cutler James R <james.cutler () consultant com> writes:

Does this mean we can all get back to solving real IPv6 deployment and operations problems?

I sure hope so.  :)

I certainly hope you all can finally see which is the better business choice between:

 1. Using up to around 10% of IPv6 space to make our network operations simpler for the next twenty years or more.

You're high by more than an order of magnitude.  Inasmuch as I don't
hail from Chicago, I'm not suggesting actually issuing addresses to
people who are dead (Eric's final datapoint).

 2. Continuing to spend time and money on micromanagement of addressing rather than real customer needs.

One who cannot properly understand the business decision here perhaps should not be debating network policies.

"Strongly worded letter to follow."

Indeed.

-r