nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP allocations / bogon - ARIN Inconsistency

From: Rene Wilhelm <wilhelm () ripe net>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 13:31:34 +0200

On 8/4/13 6:50 AM, Geoff Huston wrote:

On 04/08/2013, at 2:06 PM, Rob Mosher <rmosher () he net> wrote:

Frank,

HE uses the extended files for these stats since the standard ones will soon be deprecated.  As Rene pointed out, the
extended and standard delegation files from ARIN do not match for this prefix. I do not know why there is inconsistent
data between the two, but this is something that ARIN should look into.
I have been lead to understand that, for ARIN, the extended stats file reflects the registry state at a slightly different time
(earlier by ~1 day) than the "standard" stats file. This is a likely explanation of the observed inconsistency.

Geoff
It looks like the update process for the extended stats got stuck. The files which have been published in recent days all are identical to the version of 2013-07-30, ftp://ftp.arin.net/pub/stats/arin/delegated-arin-extended-20130730

Thus allocations and changes made to the registry on 30 July or later are not accounted for in delegated-arin-extended-latest

-- Rene