nanog mailing list archives

Re: Typical warranty for generic DWDM transceivers

From: Tim Durack <tdurack () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:01:03 -0400

The vendor-locked optics issue cause more trouble than it is worth. There
really needs to be some kind of "aftermarket" ruling on network equipment,
something along the lines of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftermarket_(automotive)

Tim:>

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Clayton Zekelman <clayton () mnsi net> wrote:

FWIW, I've never had an issue with third party optics.

Particularly if they're OEM Finisar, JDSU, etc...