nanog mailing list archives

Re: Throw me a IPv6 bone (sort of was IPv6 ignorance)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 16:53:36 -0400

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:42:20 -0400, Mark Radabaugh said:

Running dual stack to residential consumers still has huge issues with
CPE.  It's not an environment where we have control over the router the
customer picks up at Walmart.   There is really very little point in
spending a lot of resources on something the consumer can't currently
use.

You *do* realize that the reason my site runs like 60% IPv6 traffic *now*
is because we spend the resources 5 and 10 years ago getting ready for
when Microsoft and Apple shipped stuff that worked for the end user, right?

Of course, if you want to wait to get *started* on the deployment curve
until everybody's replaced their stuff, that's fine by me.  But I'd double-check
if you have any competitors that have an earlier schedule.