nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon IPv6 LTE

From: Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 06:40:25 -0700

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM, PC <paul4004 () gmail com> wrote:
"Please don't hack or ddos it :-) "

Unfortunately, while you do get an ipv6 address, mobile terminated data
doesn't work, so you don't have to worry about this.  It is firewalled by
Verizon.

T-Mobile USA allows mobile terminated data on IPv6

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/01/29/t-mobile-usa-testing-ipv6-on-select-devices-here-is-what-it-all-means-and-yes-no-more-nat/

CB

I actually tried to set up a VPN on a LTE data card using the ipv6 address
since the IPV4 one is behind carrier grade NAT.  I found out the hard way
that was a no-go, either.

One more tip:  IPv6 will work over the legacy 3g network.  Don't ask me much
about it, but it "tunnels" it using eHRPD to the same IP/IPv6 headend to
enable seamless EVDO/LTE handover.