nanog mailing list archives

Re: anyone from spamhaus hanging around?

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 22:20:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Brad Barnett wrote:

We've been running a clean operation for years, but recently, one of our
clients spammed then entire universe (using external mail servers, but
linking to some internal URLs).

We've since terminated them, and such things are against our terms of
use.  However, we seem to have massive issues getting any response from
Spamhaus.  We're worried that perhaps we're just blackholed, or someone
is on vacation, or something to that effect.

Right now, we're essentially crippled -- and at the same time, we
resolved the direct complaint a week ago.

I'm fairly sure there are some Spamhaus people on the list, but nanog is not sbl-removals () spamhaus org. If you're having problems with SBL listings, you need to contact Spamhaus via the link provided on the page(s) for your listing(s), preserving the subject so that your message gets routed appropriately.

IME, if you're having trouble getting SBLs removed, you either haven't contacted Spamhaus properly or haven't convinced them that you've dealt appropriately with the issue.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |