nanog mailing list archives

Re: Big Temporary Networks

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:44:00 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Herbert" <george.herbert () gmail com>

I know someone who did Interop's networking for a number of years and
does it for various non-Worldcon conventions. His short summary was to
stage and label and debug and test extensively beforehand, even if the
reassembly might introduce more bugs in the field.

Excellent advice.

But how do you load a wireless network and an uplink with 12-14k attachments
for testing purposes?  I can see how to test the uplink, but testing the WLAN
seems ... well, next to impossible, to me, which is why I'm querying the list.

:-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com