nanog mailing list archives

Re: RPKI Pilot Participant Notice

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 09:38:49 -0400

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 5:37 AM, John Curran <jcurran () arin net> wrote:
If a relying party's use of PKI infrastructure legally equated to
acceptance of the relying party agreement (RPA), then having an
explicit record of acceptance of the RPA would not be necessary.

Alas, it does not appear possible to equate use of PKI certificates
with agreement to the associated RPA (and some might argue that this
is a feature, as some folks would not want to be legally bound to an
agreement which they did not explicitly review and accept.)

John, Randy:

I'm confused. Are you saying that unlike a whois lookup, I'll need a
contract with ARIN to look up and validate someone else's RPKI
certificate?

Would you clarify which parts of RPKI I need a contract with ARIN to
do and which parts I do not?

Thanks,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004