nanog mailing list archives

Re: William was raided for running a Tor exit node. Please help if you can.

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:44:16 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>

I think if they took the cash registers too the Starbucks lawyer would
be in court an hour later with a motion to quash in one hand and an
offer of full cooperation in the other.

And if the sky were orange....

Any other non-sequitors? :)

P.S. I can come up with some examples where the cash registers would
be fair game, such as when the manager was charging the hosting
provider extra to sit in the corner and host the 'bad content'. But it
is still a non-sequitor w/r/t this thread.

The hell it is: cops sieze things which are not only not related to a crime,
but cannot *possibly be* relevant to that crime *all the effing time*, Patrick.

You know this, I'm sure.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com