nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

From: Bjørn Mork <bjorn () mork no>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:28:54 +0100

"Dobbins, Roland" <rdobbins () arbor net> writes:

On Nov 29, 2012, at 12:18 AM, Bjørn Mork wrote:

But I will absolutely refuse the idea that anyone incapable of
getting their application tested with IPv6 are able to create any
useful networking software.

Who's talking about 'networking software'?  'Networking software' is
irrelevant for the vast majority of the userbase.  I'm talking about
ordinary applications which do stupid things like edit documents and
calculate payroll runs.

If it doesn't do IPv4 then I don't see the need for IPv6 support.

Bjørn