nanog mailing list archives

Re: CALEA options for a small ISP/ITSP

From: Larry Smith <lesmith () ecsis net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:05:32 -0600

On Mon November 26 2012 09:38, Matthew Crocker wrote:
I have a CALEA appliance from BearHill that I 'rent'.  It has been in my
network for years.  I'm looking for other alternative solutions for CALEA
compliance with a small ISP.   It looks like OpenCalea is a dead project.
 What is everyone else using?

My current solution is $1k/month and I rarely get subpoenas, I've never had
a wiretap one.

My ISP network is a mix of Cisco and Juniper gear.   I have a couple GigE
connections to my upstreams and push 300-400mbps through the network.

I would think that wireshark pcap files would be enough :(

Believe Mikrotik boxes support CALEA, you might check www.mikrotik.com

--
Larry Smith
lesmith () ecsis net