nanog mailing list archives

Re: MPLS acceptable latency?

From: Alex <dreamwaverfx () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:33:25 +0200

Perhaps the network is "oldish" and there are BW bottlenecks that lead to queues on the switches/routers that results in higher latency. This would depend alot on the internal QoS strategy used by AT&T, the type of equipment used and the load in different parts of the network.

The only way to know what happens inside their MPLS cloud is to get past support and ask someone from the technical staff.