nanog mailing list archives

Re: dhcpy6d - a MAC address aware DHCPv6 server

From: Henri Wahl <h.wahl () ifw-dresden de>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:11:25 +0100

Hi,
If you're on local subnet, why not pull the MAC address out of the
received packet?

The used SocketServer module of Python has no support for raw sockets,
as far as I see. Let me know if there is a way to get the MAC in a
cleaner way.

Further, what happens to this when IPv4 goes away?

Will that day ever come? :-) I think until this day a lot of RFCs will
be written. This server here just allows to make transistion easier.
And, it also allows the use of DUIDs, so it might work in an IPv6-only
world.

Regards
Henri

--
Henri Wahl

IT Department
Leibniz-Institut für Festkörper- u.
Werkstoffforschung Dresden

tel. (03 51) 46 59 - 797
email: h.wahl () ifw-dresden de
http://www.ifw-dresden.de

http://nagstamon.ifw-dresden.de
http://dhcpy6d.ifw-dresden.de

IFW Dresden e.V., Helmholtzstraße 20, D-01069 Dresden
VR Dresden Nr. 1369
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Ludwig Schultz, Dr. h.c. Dipl.-Finw. Rolf Pfrengle