nanog mailing list archives

Re: Operation Ghost Click

From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood () cable comcast com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 12:26:21 +0000

On 4/26/12 10:03 PM, "Jeff Kell" <jeff-kell () utc edu> wrote:

And what about the millions of users unknowingly infected with
"something else" ??

(We have enough trouble isolating/remediating issues among our
relatively small user base, I'd hate to be facing a major ISP size
support/remediation effort...)

Does anyone have a plan?

Well, there's the new botnet code of conduct think (Mike O'Reirdan can
chime in with more info here). Plus ISPs like the one I work at (Comcast)
have been doing bot notification and remediation for some time now. I know
other ISPs have different approaches, and so different bot programs, but
the majority of them are doing something (with a few exceptions).

Jason