nanog mailing list archives

Re: CDNs should pay eyeball networks, too.

From: Jerry Dent <effinjdent () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 15:45:29 -0500

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick () ianai net> wrote:
On May 1, 2012, at 16:24 , Jerry Dent wrote:

Lets be honest. There are a million reasons we can all come up with to
try and justify something like this but 99% of the time it is just the
larger isp trying to throw their weight around in the name of greed.
In the end, the customers of both companies are the ones who suffer
and ultimately pay (figuratively and literally) for it.

1) Welcome to business 101.

2) Is that bad?

Can be for the end users if they wind up on a less direct network path.

3) I think your 99% number is very inflated.  But then 99% of stats are made up. :)

Probably.