nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vixie warns: DNS Changer ‘blackouts’ inevitable

From: George Herbert <george.herbert () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 18:27:02 -0700

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:42 PM,  <valdis.kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2012 13:09:09 -0700, Leo Bicknell said:

  "In 1988, while employed by DEC, he started working on the popular
   internet domain name server BIND, of which he was the primary author and
   architect, until release 8."

ISC has spent some effort on properly documenting the history of
BIND, and the result of that effort is located at:

http://www.isc.org/software/bind/history

You'll note there are two full paragraphs and a dozen folks involved
before Paul had anything to do with BIND.

One could make the case that the releases before Paul got there weren't
exactly popular - how many DNS servers were in production in 1986? ;)

Please don't make me remember hosts.txt before I've had a chance to
wrap up work, go home, and get some Scotch in...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert () gmail com