nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper advertises ::/0 Cisco hears ::/3

From: Sander Steffann <sander () steffann nl>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 16:16:28 +0300

Hi,

This one is very strange...

Has anyone seen this behavior with BGP IPv6 between Juniper (owned by Level
3, advertising routes correctly, sending default ::/0) and Cisco (6509
running 12.2.58.SXI6 advipservices, receiving all routes fine except
default, hearing ::/3)?  I worked with Level 3 and they confirmed they are
sending ::/0 as default:

I have seen this exact problem between two Cisco routers (c7600 sending default route, c7200 receiving ::/3), so I am
not sure it's related to the Juniper box... It happened after I changed the BGP timers on the 7200, and it disappeared
after removing the timer settings *and rebooting the 7200*.

- Sander