nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network diagram app that shows realtime link utilizatin

From: tate <tate () baumrucker org>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 12:46:21 -0400

InfoVista Vista360 does it.
It's part of a bigger tool set and isn't cheap, but it's pretty cool.
Tate

On Tue, 1 May 2012 12:41:19 -0400, Hank Disuko wrote:
Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone can recommend a network diagram tool that can show
realtime link utilization via snmp?

Mikrotik's "The Dude" app actually does exactly what I'm looking for,
but the snmp support for non-RouterOS devices seems to be lacking, as
it simply won't enumerate my switch interfaces in order to capture
utilization.

I've downloaded several trial tools (WhatsUp, NetCure, Solarwinds
LANsurveyor etc.) but they don't serve this very basic need of mine to
see the realtime link util in the diagram.

Thanks,
Hank Disuko

--
believed to be clean.