nanog mailing list archives

Re: OWA blocked by China

From: Lyle Giese <lyle () lcrcomputer net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:36:30 -0500

On 03/27/12 09:16, Jim Gonzalez wrote:
Hello,

                 One of my customers has workers in China. There outlook web
access is blocked by the China Firewall. I was just wondering if anyone had
this issue ? I have not tried any work arounds as of yet just gathering info

Thanks in advance

Jim Gonzalez

Common practice in China. Typically the block comes and goes. Here today, gone tomorrow.

However if the OWA server is on a dynamic IP or you use a dynamic IP address service for ip address resolution, then it will be blocked all the time by China.

It's just the way things are done over there.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.