nanog mailing list archives

Re: last mile, regulatory incentives, etc (was: att fiber, et al)

From: John Kreno <john.kreno () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:31:06 -0700

This sharing can be done at a layer-3 or as you say at the time slot level or lambda level. It's no different than what
is happening with the copper already. It's not like they have to give it away for free. They just have to offer it to
other carriers at cost. This will hopefully provide more of a competitive market. But I don't see Verizon giving into
it, nor Comcast or any other provider that has fiber. Verizon campaigned hard to have fiber removed from the equal
access legalize so like most of these other large companies, they don't want to share their new toy with the other
children.

-John