nanog mailing list archives

RE: filtering /48 is going to be necessary

From: Leo Vegoda <leo.vegoda () icann org>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 12:45:18 -0800

Owen wrote:

[...]

In the ARIN region I think we have pretty well prevented this last issue
with current policy. I tried to propose similar policy in the APNIC region,
but it was not well accepted there. The folks in Asia seem t want to cling
to their scarcity mentality in IPv6 for the time being. I believe RIPE is
issuing reasonably generous IPv6 allocations/assignments. I don't
know enough about the goings on in AfriNIC or LACNIC to comment
with any certainty.

You can see the prefix distribution in charts that are updated daily on our stats web site:

http://stats.research.icann.org/

HTH,

Leo