nanog mailing list archives

Re: LinkedIn password database compromised

From: "Aaron C. de Bruyn" <aaron () heyaaron com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:05:17 -0700

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Elmar K. Bins <elmi () 4ever de> wrote:
(Fight of the Leos...)

bicknell () ufp org (Leo Bicknell) wrote:

Users would find it much more convenient and wonder why we ever used
passwords, I think...

Yeah cool. Shame I have three accounts on peerindb.com alone...

You're right.  Multiple accounts is unpossible in every way except
prompting for usernames and passwords in the way we do it now.
The whole ssh-having-multiple-identities thing is a concept that could
never be applied in the browser in any sort of user-friendly way.
</sarcasm>

-A