nanog mailing list archives

Re: HE IPv6 tunnel inbound

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:25:56 -0700

On 6/13/12 9:10 PM, Cameron Byrne wrote:
On Jun 13, 2012 8:29 PM, "Grant Ridder" <shortdudey123 () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a Hurricane Electric v6 tunnel setup on an AWS (amazon web
services)
instance so that i can have ipv6 connectivity.  I can ping and traceroute
out of the tunnel fine, but am unable to access the tunnel from outside.
 For example, i am unable to traceroute to the tunnel address outside the
tunnel address, even with the AWS instance firewall completely open.  I
would like to host a website accessible via IPv6, hence the tunnel setup.
 Is this possible? if so, what could i be doing wrong?  Or is there a
better was to go about this?

Thanks,
Grant

Sigh.

Or you could take your business to the dozen or so cloud / vps providers
that support ipv6. ... Softlayer and Arpnetworks come to mind. I have used
both with a high level of sucess

VR.org (Host Virtual) as well. I've asked about IPv6 BGP support and
while I haven't tried it yet they say that can do that too.

~Seth