nanog mailing list archives

Re: very confusing.

From: Mark Andrews <marka () isc org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:34:05 +1000

In message <4FD91056.3030206 () foobar org>, Nick Hilliard writes:
Be advised that Im following your posts and have your threating
messages to me.  If there is an ddos or restraint of trade due to my
ACCIDENTAL email I'll escalate to commerce and FBI.

1. spam a big pile of network operators
2. threaten legals on aforementioned prospective customers
3. profit!!11!!

awesome.

Nick

Complain to you Congress and House Representatives that CAN-SPAM
is too unbalanced.  The current US law lets you get away with single
shots.  It should be a offence to send to someone you don't have
consent from.  Look at the Australian SPAM act for a more balanced
act.

As long as US law allows companies to harvest addresses and send
to them this sort of thing will continue to happen.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka () isc org