nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dear Linkedin,

From: Lyle Giese <lyle () lcrcomputer net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 15:48:16 -0500

On 06/09/12 15:43, Jay Ashworth wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Shein"<bzs () world std com>
A friend would print in block letters in the sig area of his credit
cards "ASK FOR PHOTO ID". He said that almost always cashiers et al
would give a cursory glance like they were checking his signature and
say thank you and hand him back his card.
This seems like an altogether excellent time to haul out *this* old
chestnut:

   http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/

FWIW, My cards have always said SEE ID, and I get about a 40% or so hit
rate on that.  It's been odd recently, cause I sometimes forget, and the
privacy reflex kicks in and makes me want to say "Why??"  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
My personal favorite is to ask if I spelled my name correctly?

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.