nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast IPv6 Update

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 11:06:24 -0700

On 6/1/12 7:04 AM, Brzozowski, John wrote:
Jimmy,

Trust me, I work for Comcast and run the IPv6 program.  This has been the
case for nearly 7 years.  We can take some of the items below off list.

We have launched IPv6 for residential broadband at this time.  Commercial
DOCSIS support is later this year.

We can do two things.  Get you a residential trial kit so you can have
IPv6 for W6L and make sure I have your information for when we start
trials for commercial DOCSIS support for IPv6.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question since I've never been a cable
guy, but what's physical difference between residential and commercial coax?

~Seth