nanog mailing list archives

Re: DOCSIS 3.0 & PPPoE/L2TP compatibility

From: Kyle Creyts <kyle.creyts () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:43:51 -0700

to elaborate on Valdis' reply, stick a fork in pptp, it is done.
https://www.cloudcracker.com/blog/2012/07/29/cracking-ms-chap-v2/

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:13 PM, iptech <iptech () northrock bm> wrote:
Hey Ricky,

Yes that is the exact setup, the cableco bring the customer to us via L2TP,
and now want to do PPTP only.

I will keep digging on the ARRIS, which I have been told is a C4 system.
Although their website doesnt show much tech specs.

They are pushing for the L3 option since their CMTS will now be a hop in the
path between the customer and us, instead of L2 transparent.

Suggestions?

Thanks,