nanog mailing list archives

RE: MD5?

From: George Bonser <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 20:40:57 +0000

All that may be true, but still, the random hacker in Romania who wants
in on their BGP session won't know the secret...probably.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |

One thing I will do at shared peering switches is to also configure static ARP or IPv6 neighbor entries in the router
for my peers.  This protects against some new arrival on the switch accidentally configuring one of my peer's IP
addresses on their gear and blowing up my session.  That does cause some problems when a peer does maintenance that
changes their MAC address, but I notice it fairly quickly.