nanog mailing list archives

RE: AT&T and IPv6 Launch

From: "STARNES, CURTIS" <Curtis.Starnes () granburyisd org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:49:40 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Hartley [mailto:intensifysecurity () gmail com]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:04 PM
To: NANOG list
Subject: Re: AT&T and IPv6 Launch

Chris Chase gave a good presentation on this subject in ~November.

Here's the abstract, quoted from:
http://gogonet.gogo6.com/profile/ChrisChase

|     Posted by Chris Chase on October 28, 2011 at 5:59pm
|     Send Message   View Blog
|
| IPv6 service at AT&T.
|
| AT&T has dual stack service available for its enterprise ISP
| service (some speed/feeds/footprint issues are still being
| filled out). Fall 2011 AT&T is conducting internal (employee)
| trials for IPv6 for AT&T broadband. Expect to see IPv6 for
| legacy DSL EOY 2011 and on U-Verse 2Q2012.  I will share
|  our initial plans for deploying IPv6 for broadband using 6rd.

As an "Enterprise" AT&T customer, I get real tired of hearing that AT&T has dual stack services available for its
enterprise customers.
This simply is not true in all cases.

Try getting a dual stack feed on a "switched Ethernet" circuit!
I was first told spring of 2011, then fall of 2011, and now maybe in the 4th quarter of 2012!

If you request it and your technical rep is savvy enough, they can get you set up with an AT&T tunnel broker.

As an Uverse customer, the last time I talked to them the only response I received was "IPv-what"?

Oh well,

Curtis