nanog mailing list archives

Re: Equinix Miami 1 condemnation

From: Randy Epstein <nanog () hostleasing net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:39:51 -0500

. o O ( and I don't know where equinix's building was in south florida,
either.  but I know they never showed up on our radar when we were
hunting
for space with dark fiber back to the NAP to feed our southern customers
their dose of WCQ...)

...david

This was the Metro Mall facility, operated by Switch and Data until
Equinix's acquisition of S&D a few years ago.  It is now known as
Equinix-Miami 1.  1 NE 1st Street.

The issue here has nothing to do with any hurricanes in the past.  My
opinion is that they lacked proper documentation and planning.  Having a
bit of insider knowledge here and knowing where this fiber came from
originally (ACSI) and how FiberLight came to acquire it, I'm fairly sure
I'm on the money.

Randy