nanog mailing list archives

Re: incoming smtp from v6 addresses

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 06:47:24 -0800

In a message written on Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 07:18:11AM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
Similar footprint, and I have something like the following on puck:

puck:~$ grep IPv6: /var/log/maillog | grep stat=Sent | wc -l
9043
puck:~$   grep stat=Sent /var/log/maillog | wc -l
110343

I have a mail system that has almost 0 technical users on it.

%       grep IPv6: /var/log/maillog | grep stat=Sent | wc -l
       4
%       grep stat=Sent /var/log/maillog | wc -l
    1298

:(

If gmail were to host AAAA for their MX I would see a lot more mail delivered over there.

Agreed, gmail, yahoo, hotmail and AOL are probably 80% of the total mail
on that box, so those four could make a huge swing, individually or
collectively.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440