nanog mailing list archives

Re: Polling Bandwidth as an Aggregate

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:44:01 +0000

On 20/01/2012 15:36, Keegan Holley wrote:
using cacti for this.  My last question is if there is any easy/automated
way to pull interfaces into cacti and configure graphs for them either via
SNMP or reading from a mysql DB.  I suddenly remember how much I hate
importing large routers into cacti and configuring the graphs.

No.  This is one of cacti's major failings: there is no externally
accessible API.  You're going to end up injecting SQL directly into the
cacti database and hoping that version upgrades don't screw up the schema
layout too much.

Nick